11.12.09

WWDSD (What Would the Dangerous Screenwriter Do)?

Yes, a writer should never talk about their ideas - they should talk about their screenplays, stuff they've actually written. But every week I see films which could have been good, and instead were butchered like Chinese chicken. My wife's head is going to explode if I tell her one more time about the shit movie I saw which would have been so much better and more profitable if they just would have done it my way, or so and so's doing this and this film and it's going to suck unless they do this or that, and since Warner Brothers, Lucas, Spielberg, DC and Marvel all seem to have misplaced my CV, since no one will hire me to write one of these big budget busts - yet - well, goddamnit I'm gonna write about 'em on my blog. That's right, we gettin' crazy up in hey-ah.

So allow me to introduce a new column to the Dangerous Screenwriter Blog, smartly titled "WWDSD?" or, What Would the Dangerous Screenwriter Do? These sporadic posts will each be about what I would do with certain projects that are in the works, or have already crashed and burned. I know, I know, it's just what you've always wanted. You're welcome.

Might as well get the biggest albatross off my neck first: Super fucking Man...

No comments:

Post a Comment